This class provides important information about breastfeeding, skin-to-skin contact, laid back nursing, how to latch baby and recognizing whether or not baby is getting enough breast milk. It is especially helpful for:
- first-time moms and dads
- those who previously had a negative breastfeeding experience
- mothers with flat, inverted, short or large nipples
- mothers with very large or small breasts
- those expecting multiples
- mothers at high risk (pre-eclampsia, known fetal anomaly, etc.)
- mothers who have had breast surgery (reduction, augmentation, trauma, etc.)
- parents who want to better understand the benefits and challenges of breastfeeding
The Birthplace’s breastfeeding class is taught by internationally board-certified lactation consultants. Fathers are strongly encouraged to attend.
All childbirth classes are free of charge for those delivering at The Birthplace of Lutheran Children’s Hospital. Visit the Calendar of Events for a complete list of upcoming childbirth classes. Register for classes online or call (260) 435-2699, option 4.