(260) 435-2699(260) 435-2699, option 2 (to schedule an interview)
Interested in spending time with children who are patients at Lutheran Children's Hospital? Volunteer positions are available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week. Volunteers should be dedicated, love children and be willing to give at least four hours of their time each week. Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age and have completed the eighth grade.
Volunteer responsibilities in pediatrics may include:
- Assisting patients and their families with their needs
- Feeding and holding babies
- Helping children complete art/craft projects
- Playing board and video games and cards
- Playing with children in the playroom
- Talking and listening to older teenagers and parents
- Taking children on wagon rides
To become a pediatric volunteer:
- Complete an application and provide references.
- Complete a “to do” list that includes a TB test and other health documentation.
- Attend a two-hour orientation program.
- Buy a uniform ($9.70 to $14, depending on size and style).
The entire process, from application to first volunteer assignment, takes about one month.