Kids dart. Drive smart.
- 80% of drivers admit to being distracted.
- More than 50,000 children are injured annually as pedestrians in the U.S.
- People who text while driving are 23 times more likely to crash.
Tips For Pedestrians
- Walk to school in groups to be more visible.
- Wear reflective clothing at dawn, dusk and in the evening.
- Hold your child's hand when crossing the street or in a parking lot.
- Do not be distracted when crossing the street. Phones Down. Heads Up.*
- Look left, right and left again when crossing the street. Teach kids to never run or dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
- Tend to act quickly and impulsively
- Have difficulty judging speed and distance
- Ages 2 years and under are at risk for backover injuries
Tips For Drivers
- Look for children at all times in residential areas.
- Walk around parked vehicles before backing up.
- Reduce speed in residential areas and school zones.
- Choose to only drive - not multitask.